Monday, February 9, 2009

Funny Friends

My buddy Greg performed his first stand up comedy routine last night in Cedar Falls. I made the two-hour trip to see his five minutes and it was definitely worth it. Greg is a funny guy with some funny jokes. Once I get his permission, I'll put up the video I recorded of his set. My buddy Mike accompanied me on the trek up to CF (thankfully, as I can't stay awake while driving on the highway alone). We had a productive chat on the way up and back in regards to future projects of our own. Over the next few months, I hope to organize a way to showcase all of my funny friends. This includes plans to put together a comedy variety show with stand up from pals like Greg, sketch comedy, and some live improv. I'm going to be creating a website to gather all of these types of things and a bit more, including a podcast that we plan to start within the next couple of weeks. With these plans and the additional writing/shooting/editing of more Short Shorts, I should be a pretty busy guy for the next couple months. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: