Monday, December 8, 2008

Neil O.D.

I am not a football guy. Ever since Neil O'Donnell (Billy's Most Hated Football Player) threw the Super Bowl against the Cowboys back in '96 (my first and only Super Bowl Party ever), my love of the pigskin has been mostly non-existent. This said, I have watched a few games in the last twelve years and have yet to find a player whom I hate as much as Neil O'Donnell. I'd like to hate Terrell Owens, but that borders on hate crime... so I find his antics endearing. Yesterday, Terrell Owens and his Dallas Cowboys faced off against my former favorite franchise (srsly, alliteration ftw), the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Cowboys were dominating the Steelers' offense through 3.5 quarters when all of the sudden, EVERYTHING CHANGED! Tony Romo (what happened to Troy Aikman?) started throwing interceptions (or picks) and blowing the game (Troy would never do this, see: Super Bowl rings). Big Ben (whose number is half that of N.O'D, yet he is a billion times the human N.O'D. could ever hope to be) threw a pretty incredible pass downfield to begin this turnaround, but I suspect there were greater things than lucky breaks at play in this game. It reminded me of Super Bowl XXX, but with the opposite result. This time, Neil (wtf, Neil?) wasn't around to lose the game for the boys from the 'burgh... except that he was there in a Cowboys uniform pretending to be named Tony Romo! Wikipedia tells me that Neil O'Donnell, Professional Jerk, currently works as a sales representative for astro turf or some crap. DOUBT IT! The man has a skill and that skill is intentionally failing. Where else is such a skill more lucrative than in professional sports and/or political office!?! Neil O'D. was technically an NFL player... he had his in. A good business man wouldn't throw away that connection... but maybe Neil isn't a good business man... maybe old Neil just had a good arm and a knack for making bad decisions... what if... what if he's a coincidental failure? Eh. Doesn't matter. Fuck Neil O'Donnell.

No comments: