Monday, November 3, 2008

Adam & Election Eve

Let's get this party started... right!. I failed to cast my early vote once again on Friday; actually standing in line at my polling station, but abandoning that line for some Chinese food. Today being my last chance to vote early, I shall try again. I have a strong uneasyness when standing around with strangers in a room. I anticipate that there would be less anxiety-inducing crowds today than tomorrow. In my head, it's a lot like going to the DMV... which tops the list of mostly non-lethal locations Billy doesn't want to go to, but has to every few years. Not a fun place. I'm convinced there's going to be some crowds at the polls tomorrow. I hypothesize that most people considering early voting today, figure they can just do it tomorrow... then Garfield would spew hatespeech at Mondays (in Bill Murray's voice).

Electric Six is occasionally reminding me of that "Space Lord Mother Mother" motherfucker... like if that dude effed Huey Lewis, then the sax player from the News delivered their child and raised it himself near a zoo (a good zoo with tapirs).


Werther's Originals old commercials with the grandfather giving his son and then his grandson a Werther's candy... those are great commercials. Every time I have a Werther's Original I think of a fictitious grandfather figure giving me the candy and then we go fishing. I don't really like fishing, especially when I catch a fish. I don't want to touch it; let alone, extract a hook from its lip. Gross stuff. Fictional Grandpa does all of this for me and doesn't secretly think I'm a sissy. I like him. I like Werther's Originals. Paid for by the Committee of Billy for Werther's Originals 2008.

Seriously, this Electric Six stuff is super sexy. It makes me wanna meet an older lady and reintroduce her to stamina, then toss a Take5 candy bar at her. It says everything. The chocolate says, "you're sweet." The pretzel says, "but watch out!" The bar's name says, "I'm going to pee... but then, we're going to get sexy again." The gesture of giving a gift after coitus makes up for an unspectacular beginning to the night.

----EDIT---

Here's what my ballots looked like!



No comments: