Friday, November 14, 2008

Brandy is sitting up in my room... thinking about YOU! BETRAYL!

Without hearing the song in at least ten years (couldn't be shorter than that could it?), Brandy's "Sittin Up In My Room" popped into my head two nights ago. It didn't strike me as at all odd until it happened again last night. Granted, I was and am a huge fan of that song... I hope this isn't going to be a trand as anything after the 80s was a very bad time for pop music. I'm going to be really sad the day LFO's one song pops into my head again.

My iTunes' Shuffle loves fantasy metal. Gnarly.

A link to pass along on this Friday. BLACKCABSESSIONS.com was introduced
to me Wednesday evening by my music guru. It features intimate performances in the back seat of a cab, from a lot of great indie bands. Below, is the video from My Morning Jacket's session. I'd also highly suggest looking at Calexico's session.


Following up on last Friday's post, I have seen both Role Models and Rachel Getting Married. I accompanied some fine film folk to Role Models on Friday evening, after dining at Fuddruckers. Fuddruckers, lol. My turkey burger was effing fantastic, btw. The movie surpassed expectations of mild amusement. I was not aware that the film had an R rating and it definitely deserves it (if you believe in the MPAA's rating system). What's not to love about kids using profanity and talking about boobies? Nothing. Everything about it is lovable. Add to that LARP'ing and KISS references and you have a hit on your hands my good man (in this case, David Wain).

Rachel Getting Married also surpassed expectations. IMO, Anne Hathaway is the best actress in movies right now. She's the center-piece of a great and very unique cast in one of the best cinematic dramas I've seen. Films that make you feel emotions (not gag reflexes) are not my forte; I generally steer clear of them. I must say that it is a great experience though, when a movie does tug at the ol' heart strings. Maybe not feeling any particular way specifically, just mostly in reaction to an induced empathy-overload. It happens. It happened to me a couple of times in RGM (and I'm a pretty cold sumbitch). Srsly.

I've got the rest of today off from work. Movies I'll be watching:


No comments: