Wednesday, November 26, 2008

LATE FORCED ENTRY! vs. Tardy By Nature

I spent most of the day working on a new video with AK, so no update again? Pretty much. I'm eating a horrible QT sandwich and beginning to catch up on comics from the last month. I must say, despite my cries of "SAVE US BEN REILLY! YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE!" following the One More Day storyline in Amazing Spider-Man (Marvel really shat all over some great work by J. Michael Straczynksi), I've really been enjoying the onslaught of new AS-M stories following Brand New Day. Good, fun stories and the art has also been pretty consistently rad; especially Chris Bachalo's work. I really dig sketchier pencils... Skottie Young's art is similar and equally awesome (there was a free "Oz" sketchbook at the Cup featuring Young's work... kewl stuff). I recently had to cut back my pull list at the ol' comic book shop due to financial limitations... sad. I'll still be picking up AS-M, Deadpool, Captain America, Uncanny X-MEN, X-Factor, and Walking Dead... and trades of Fables, Criminal, and DMZ. I'm really cutting back! Not making the cut? X-MEN Legacy, Young X-MEN, X-Force, Thor, both Iron Man titles, Fantastic Four, Invincible, and so many others. I was buying WAY too many books and many of them (I'm looking at you Fantastic Four) were consistently awful (I blame Sue 'Sluthouse' Richards). Any Houser, M.D.... I'm going to get back to reading some more comics. SO MUCH CATCHING UP TO DO!

No comments: