Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Great Depression 2

I love podcasts! Every morning when I wake up there's a halo hanging from the corner of my girlfriend's four-post bed I have already downloaded new episodes of stuff that I want to see! Currently this is only VH1's "Best Week Ever" Podcast; as well as G4TV's "Around the Net" and "The Feed with Layla Kaleigh (babe? definitely.)." All of this content for frizzle mcfree! I highly suggest checking these out or (if you're not daft) to continue already knowing how cool this is. It's pretty cool.

Pollypop? Politics! Polysix? Politics! OK. I watched Michael Moore's "Slacker Uprising" yesterday morning and the only thing I'm taking away from it is the reminder that George W. Bush won re-election in 2004, the first time I was able to vote. If I remember correctly, John Kerry was leading in the polls leading up to the election and it seemed nearly a sure thing (or at least I figured) that he would win. Certainly a majority of Americans are not so ignorant to vote for ol' GW again... ugh - history. As it continues to appear that John McCain is throwing the election, what if people become comfortable with the notion that Barack Obama is going to win the election easily. That could easily lead to some apathetic support and less voter turnout and worst case scenario - President John McCain. Now that I know a majority of voting Americans are completely retarded, I have to hope for our nation that the intelligent people just don't vote. Otherwise, we're horribly outnumbered folks... Well, Smart People (starring Dennis Quaid and Juno), as Ron Paul said "I hope you've lost your apathy!" We're getting to the point where not much can be taken for granted in our country (as it becomes less and less in our control); this election cannot be taken for granted.

As I mentioned in my FAILed Monday blog, according to Facebook, a bunch of my "classmates" from high school sorta reunited last weekend. After looking at the pictures from the event, I'm pretty sure that not going was a good idea. There was only one person there (a ladyface) that I would like to see and talk to again. Otherwise, I didn't really talk to any of the dudes and the ladies were all married and/or preggerz. Grozz! I would like to take a survey of area high schools and compare the quality of the neighborhood the school is located in vs. the average age of the former students' children at the time of their ten year reunion. I bet my high school will have an abnormally high average age of children (no thanks to my non-reproducing ass). Dirty sluts... WHOA!!! WHOA!!!! I didn't mean that!

NEW TV SO FAR:
It's Always Sunny In Philadephia (Season Four)
- HILARIOUS!
How I Met Your Mother (Season Four)
- Not as consistently good or high a quality as previous seasons... yet.
Heroes (Season Three)
- Awesommmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee!!!
Other shows I will be watching this season include: Chuck, Pushing Daisies, & 30 Rock.
The great thing about my radio job is that for eight hours a week, I get paid to surf the internet and watch TV (and push buttons a few times an hour). This gives me the chance to watch all of these shows at my own leisure, thanks to the internet (I heart you!) and the resolution of new media rights settled in the Writer's Strike (this is probably not true). Thanks unions!!!

No comments: