Friday, September 5, 2008

Oh-ho, Dreamweaver! I believe...

I had some pleasantly odd dreams last night... it's moderately exhilarating to hook up with an ex-girlfriend while running from the owner of a hotel you used to work at. It turned out, he just needed me to sign some termination papers... not kill me. It also turned out that although I've been sexually dormant for a few years now, I've gotten much better at the game of getting busy (granted it was my dream... Weird, wild shtuff.

I have not watched or read any part of John McCain's speech from last night. I have no desire to... I don't give a shit about his time at the Hanoi Hilton. I don't care to be mocked by a Republican crowd saying 'Country First.' I'll pigeon-hole the GOP as a bunch of rich, homophobic, red-neck dumbasses... until I meet one to the contrary. I consider myself to be a moderate... there are 'Republican views' that I can get behind. Unfortunately, there isn't a single Republican politician that I could do the same for (with the exception of some of what Ron Paul says). The ideas have been buried beneath so much negativity and corruption. Acceptance of the status quo when 'the status is not... quo.' There's nothing to be excited about with McCain's campaign... just mortified. If Daddy Mac circa 2000 were here, before he was a neo-con-android, I could at least be happy that whoever wins this election, it will be an improvement over GW. I'm on board with the notion John McCain's presidency would just bring 'more of the same.' That's a pretty terrifying idea given the volatile world climate he'd be inheriting. I would really like to see a sound defeat of McCain in this election. One that would perhaps send the GOP back to the drawing board on what they represent and how they should go about doing so... turn them into a bunch of Ron Pauls? At least they'd be adorable.

Time for a shout-out to Mikey C. and AK. These two dudes can be heard in Des Moines, every Thursday night from 8:00 - 10:00pm on KDPS 88.1FM. Last night was their first show. I listened to the last half hour and counted two lols and one giggle. I'm going to be a guest on the show at some point... that'll be neat.

A lot of work for me the next few days... which means a lot of getting paid very little to do very little, which sounds fair. The Fleur is opening War, Inc. and Tell No One. I haven't heard anything about the latter, but the former stars John Cusack, Dan Ackroyd, and Marissa Tomei (did you see Before the Devil Knows You're Dead? You should if only for this sexy lady's nude scenes... not to be a perv... she just looks great naked). It's a political satire, which means it's right up that alley where I may be walking past, thinking "eh, can't be too bad." Of course, hobos live in alleys and sometimes they mug people for liquor-money. So it goes with alleys. Next weekend, the new Coen Bros. movie 'Burn After Reading' opens. Count me as excited. You put George Clooney, Brad Pitt, or John Malkovich in any movie and I will see it. Also coming out next weekend is Righteous Kill, starring Al Pacino and Robert Deniro. Can't be bad right? I have my doubts.

Welp, that does it for this one... have a good weekend!

No comments: